Thank you for shopping a 100% women owned and Texas-based small business!
The HG 4 is our Ozone Generator that we added for specific needs. It is a great addition to our Green Screen for help listed below!
Warning: This air unit is not a medical device. Do not stop or alter any medical therapy programs or medications without the advice of your physician. Excessive ozone concentrations may cause mucous membrane or respiratory irritation.
Make sure when using this machine, you do NOT have any people pets or plants in the area treating for the time using and a few hours after till all Ozone smell is gone (kind of smells like Clorox)!!! Open up doors/windows to get rid of the Ozone quicker than normal.
WHEN USING FOR ANY APPLICATION… BE AWARE OF THE PRECAUTIONS!!! It’s VERY SAFE when used properly! Below are 2 good videos for proper use; the first give you lots of tips and the second has the strict precautions for those that generally don’t read all the directions…
Since the generator changes the oxygen molecules in the air, when using the unit, you should remove all people, pets and plants from the area. Once the unit is finished, you can leave the space unoccupied for a few hours. If you still smell the ozone (kind of smells like Clorox) open the doors and windows for a few minutes to release the ozone. Ozone in high concentrations can be harmful to your lungs. (read through the manual linked below with specific info!)
What are ozone generators? How do they work and what do they do? What precautions need to be taken while using these?
Ozone generators are a strong tool to get rid of odors and organic matter like mold, mildew, bacteria and viruses. The way they do this is by changing the Oxygen molecule (O2) to O3. O3 is very unstable and when it is generated the 3rd molecule is released into the air, and it quickly attaches to organic material and oxidizes it. This oxidation process kills the smell, odor and organic particles. These generators are often used for smells like smoke, musty smells, pet odors, cooking smells, cleaning chemicals etc.
However, if there is a problem with mold and mildew, there is a humidity or moisture issue and that should be addressed because using the ozone generator to kill the smell and organic particles will be just a temporary solution. If the humidity or moisture remains the mold and mildew will return. So, it is important to find what is causing the excess humidity which is promoting the mold and mildew to grow. You should get that resolved possibly with a de-humidifier or checking for leaks. Once the issue is fixed, whatever is full of mold may need to be removed, for example: an old carpet. The ozone generator can be used during and after the process to eliminate the return of the harmful particles. MOLD CAN BE VERY HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH SO MAKE THIS A PRIORITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE CAUSE!!!
So, when used correctly, it can permanently oxidize organic compounds at the molecular level to neutralize various kinds of bad odors, bacteria, VOC's and more. When used in normal mode, you can adjust the time and Ozone concentration to match the size of your house and to obtain the best results.
It is mainly for commercial applications though can be used in your home if need arises and since it is portable... it's great for travel to clean hotel rooms!. Realtors, firefighters, construction rehab, hotel managers, schools, car rental companies, etc., often use the ozone generator to clean odors/organic matter out of the space they are managing.
NOTE - A delay function holds the ozone production for 10 seconds after starting the product. While it's active, machine is beeping every one second to alert you its still on. Open all cabinet doors and Turn on ceiling or floor fans during operation to circulate the ozone.
The lifespan of the plate ranges from 6000 hours up to 8000 hours depending on the amount of moisture and dust in the air. After 6000 hours it is recommended to replace the Ozone plate in order to maintain peak performance. (We will have these on the website soon)
Do not use unit around people, pets or plants. Room should be aired out after treatment with fans and/or opening windows.